I have been nominated for quite a few awards in the past month so expect a few coming up! Today we have the Blogger Recognition Award. I first did this award ages ago so it’s about time I did it again! If you’re interested, my first one is here.
I want to give a big thank you to the absolutely lovely Jessica Jade Beauty who nominated me for this award. Her blog is just incredible and she honestly works so damn hard on it, which means she deserves a lot of love.
- Thank the blogger who tagged you
- Explain how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Tag 15 bloggers and let them know
How My Blog Started
I have copied this across from my first post with a few adaptations:
When I was young I had set up little blogs here and there but never really stuck at it or gave it much thought. To be honest, I can’t even begin to tell you what compelled me this time. I just hopped on to WordPress and felt that today was the day I started a blog. I have read them for years and I thought WordPress would be the perfect outlet for my mental health diagnosis… and it honestly has done me a world of good and without the amazing people I have the pleasure to speak to everyday I don’t know where I would be.
My Advice to New Bloggers
- Interact, interact, interact. I refuse to believe that there is anything more beneficial to you and the blogging community than interacting with those who take the time to read and comment on what you write and reciprocating this gesture. I mean, it is literally why there is a blogging community! Blogging isn’t just about writing but actively participating and engaging with those around you.
- Be you. Don’t do makeup posts because you think they will be the most enjoyed if you don’t enjoy writing them. Honestly, you can tell when someone is writing something that their heart isn’t in – we are all guilty of it from time to time – and it’s important that what you do choose to write is what you love.
Anybody that wants to do this and hasn’t so already or wishes to do it again! If you do write this post, please link it below as I would love to see it. I love reading blogging advice, it is also so interesting and inspiring.
Do you have any blogging advice?