I often do posts about my favourite blog posts of the past week but I thought I would mix it up this week and just mention some of my favourites, in general, from the past week.
- I went to the cinema twice last week which is really strange for me as I normally go once every month or so, if that. I saw Beauty and the Beast and Get Out and I honestly loved both of them. They definitely deserved the attention they have received (for very obviously different reasons) and they have both become some of the best films I have seen recently that I would totally recommend checking out.
- MAC Viva Glam II is a huge favourite of mine recently after a close friend gave me one to try out. The nudey-pink colour is gorgeous and the lasting power is amazing. It can be a bit of a nightmare to get hold of though, which sucks! I definitely want to try out more MAC lipsticks now. I have heard Velvet Teddy is good?
- My Carvela Sandals. I recently bought some in the Debenhams sale for £19 down from £80 which is a steal! They look great and they go with so much that they have quickly become a staple in my wardrobe. I grabbed the last pair in stock so I am just calling it fate
- Sleek Storm Palette. I have been obsessed with this palette at the moment – I posted about it twice this past month, here and here – and I am loving all the different looks you can create with it. I am going for a lot of golds now so maybe I will post about that look soon!
- I have binged watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix this week and it is incredible. The show is about a girl who has committed suicide and leaves tapes for everyone to listen to who is deemed responsible for her death. The suspense is amazing and the story line is great – I really want to get the book it is based on now too.
- My lovely friend bought me Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey when she came to visit me this week and it was the most thoughtful gift ever. One of my other friends reviewed it on her blog recently and I really wanted to get my hands on it, so obviously I was over the moon when she handed it to me! I have pinned so many of the poems on Pinterest and they are just so beautiful and totally worth a read.
- I am loving my Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. My skin has been playing up recently and this is one of the few things that keeps it calm when I need it most.
- Lush Comforter Shower Gel and Bubble Bar. I love the smell of the Comforter; it’s actually one of my favourite Lush scents. I recently picked up the ‘Sex Bomb’ to try out as I have never used it before and I thought it smelt amazing so maybe I will have a new favourite soon.
- After seeing Gone Girl ages ago I really wanted to get the book. I am currently reading it now and it is so cool to see the differences between what the film chose to include and what the book deems relevant. So far I have been impressed with the similarities between the book and the film but I am only half way through so far so who knows!
- There is a place near me called Tamu that does the most amazing desserts and I went again this week with my best friend who was visiting. They are such a good price and you get soooo much for the money that I struggle to finish them. I mean don’t they look amazing?!
What were your favourites this week?