I was over the moon when I saw Chiara tagged me in this award! I have seen several people do it already and I love the idea. Check out her post here, I found some amazing bloggers through her and her posts are incredible. A little while later, I saw Katie Rose tag me too which is amazing. Her post is here. I totally recommend checking out her blog too, she is such a lovely person!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post your created.
How My Blog Started:
It wasn’t even that long ago I started my blog but it feels like forever! When I was young I had set up little blogs here and there but never really stuck at it or gave it much thought. To be honest, I can’t even begin to tell you what compelled me this time. I just hopped on to WordPress and felt that today was the day I started a blog. I don’t have hugely profound things to say – I do like to think that some of my experience posts offer something interesting? Who knows? – but I love chatting away about my interests and part of me definitely wanted to be a part of the ‘warmth and kindness’ that I know the blogging community is!
Advice to New Bloggers:
Chiara and Katie Rose offered some fantastic advice so I found this one super hard:
- Use Unsplash for some great free photos by amazing photographers. I always use them as backgrounds for my banners as I personally suck at photography, even though I love it so much.
- Really listen to your followers and what they comment. I often found that leaving a little question at the end of a post was nice as it initiated conversation with people and as much as being told a post was fun/likable, actually having a genuine conversation is really nice. Also, if people like and comment more on fashion posts over your travel, for example, and you’re ever stuck creatively, your followers have essentially created your niche for you sometimes and given you a topic they really appreciate you discussing!
I’m nominating 10 people as a lot of blogs I read had already done this post!
What’s your advice for new bloggers?