At the beginning of October I posted about what I wanted to achieve in my personal life, academic and on my blog over the month.
Having it published for the world to see has definitely motivated me to attempt to achieve as many as possible so hopefully I can work on the rest in the next month or so.
What I Achieved:
- I definitely have done very well to attempt to avoid second year blues. I have been out with new friends, old friends and made damn well sure I don’t sit inside my room being sad 85% of the time. Granted I am still having those moments but I am working hard to keep them at bay and keep me happy
- I have definitely told Adam that I love him as often as I can. Long distance relationships can be really difficult so taking the time out of your day to appreciate one another is important to keeping your relationship in tip-top shape. Also, ignore everyone who tells you relationships do not work in university. The ones I have seen fail have failed on their own accord, regardless of the distance. If you are a strong and close couple – it will work.
- I definitely did have an amazing birthday!
- If you didn’t know, I hit 200 followers at the beginning of October which is absolutely incredible! As promised in my Goals post and my Thank You post, a giveaway will be coming up in November to say cheers for being the bestest xox
- Incredibly, InvisiblyMe and my friend Zola have collaborated with me to do posts for my blog, as well as guest post on InvisiblyMe. I am so honoured to have such lovely people who want to post on my blog and a huge thank you to those two for being a part of that.
- I have spent my Sundays organising my notes for the next week and planning a ‘to-do list’ of reading lists I have been set to keep on top of it all. Realistically, you are never on top of university work as you can always be doing more. However, I am proud of this little organised system I have going!
- I am very proud to say I have done my reading (so far) for every seminar and lecture. Of course I don’t always understand (lol) but at least I’m giving it a good go, eh?!
- I have also been working my butt off! Having a part time job on top of university work is hard so juggling that with some much needed me-time is testing but I am getting there for sure.
Better Luck Next Time:
- I am still working on developing a thicker skin and likewise giving time to my friends. In the past month I have definitely improved both of these aspects of my life but it is something that doesn’t change easily and I will continue to work on it.
- I am also still figuring out ellamaygarrett.com! I had very many helpful suggestions in comments and emails etc but unfortunately I haven’t had the time to dedicate myself to starting it up over October so hopefully this time next month I will have it ready, eek!
- I haven’t had the opportunity to have an essay formally marked yet this term so that elusive 1st in an essay is still hanging on for dear life! Fingers crossed!
Thank you for getting this far (I do ramble a lot!) and for supporting me to achieving my goals over October!