I have been with my boyfriend for two years now and we would be lying if we said that sometimes we don’t get stuck in a rut with date ideas.
It is very easy to fall in to a routine of Netflix, cinema dates and a meal out yet forget about all the other fun date ideas that aren’t all that expensive – especially if you are restricted by a student budget!
I thought I would compile a list of all my favourite date ideas under £20 for you all to enjoy.
- Make your own pizzas together
- Whip out an old board game – Harry Potter Scene it is so much fun!
- Ice skating (indoor or outdoor)
- Top trumps – We actually had so much fun playing this the other day, felt like I was revisiting my childhood
- Pumpkin carving
- Face masks (make your own too)
- The Globe Theatre
- Play Mr and Mrs – question how well you know each other! You can find questions online, buy the game/app or make your own up.
- Be creative – I made a scapbook for Adam that we update all the time. You could make Christmas decorations, paintings for your bedroom etc. I have always loved the dripping crayon paintings myself!
- Explore a stately home together – there is a great list of some here
- Watch the sun rise/sun set, drive out to somewhere for just you two to enjoy.
- Go for a drive
- Cook a new meal together
- Fly a kite
- Build a fort
- Go to your local animal shelter and cry over how much you want to save all the animals and build your own sanctuary for them?? Just me??
- Ghost hunting
- Mini golf or a driving range. Adam recently took me to a driving range and as he loves golf he really enjoyed teaching me how to improve my swing and recording me attempting to hit it straight! It’s such a cheap date but actually lots of fun
- Find a free entry museum to explore. The Natural History Museum is amazing if you live near London
- Play pool or snooker – or teach each other to play if one of you doesn’t know how!
- Go to a local arcade (who doesn’t still love the 2p machines)
- If you’re really up for it… karaoke night! This could be at a pub or alone… anyone else remember Sing Star!?
- Do a pub quiz – either together or compete!
- Buy a lottery ticket – I saw someone feature this a while ago and thought it was great. It is so easy to get talking about what you would do with £1 million
- Massages – learn how to massage like an expert
- Check groupon for any local offers
- Learn a song, it’s generally funnier if it’s a rap.. even more so if neither of you listen to rap
- Food eating competition – race eat a pizza because why not?!
- Work out together at home
- Visit relatives
- Snoop round a book store
- 2 for 1 cinema days on Meerkat Movies
- Yoga Challenge
- Pick your own fruit – Adam and I picked strawberries together and loved it as a cheap date idea
- Make cocktails – create your own or recreate your favourites
- Search for dream houses online
I hope you enjoy this short list of date ideas as part of my “Under ££” mini series. I tried to include some classics but also think of some more unique ideas to keep it interesting!