I think there is definitely certain thoughts university students have when it comes to writing a dreaded essay. I seem to experience all of these so please let me know that I’m not totaaaally crazy and you think these too!
- 10am: Ok, ok I’ll just sit down and get this over with. I’ll plan to write 500 words today and then I’m 1/4 of the way through. Yes, organisation is key. I am the pillar of success.
- 10:15am: It’s been 15 minutes and I haven’t got a title.. Shit.
- It’s midday, I think it’s time for a tea break.
- 2pm: Ok ok ok that tea break was a little too long.
- 2:15pm: Is Arial font good? I must try at least 6 different ones and pick my favourite. I need to look professional and serious.
- 2:45pm: Yeah maybe I should have just stuck with Arial.
- 4pm: This is the perfect time for me to tidy my room, I need to do some washing, make my bed…A tidy room is a tidy mind and then I’ll be set for work. Yes, this is a plan.
- 6pm: Dinner time! I need to remain hydrated and nourished to write my best work, of course.
- 7pm: AGH my essay! I need to write 500 words today.
- 7:30pm: God this is tiring. This all sounds awful, maybe I should start again…
- 7:45pm: Okay lets start a fresh. I’ll just get a cup of tea first for motivation.. Yep.. Motivation
- 8:45pm: This is fantastic. Bow down to me Shakespeare I am the Queen of writing.
- 9:30pm: I’ll just read over what I have done so far to get a good idea of where I’m going.. Yanno, train of thought, competent ideas all that jazz.
- 10:00pm: ….. This is a load of shit, I’ll do it tomorrow.
Repeat until the day before the deadline for a perfect student outcome.