July wasn’t actually a very successful month for me goal wise unfortunately! I accomplished a lot of my small goals but not really any of the bigger ones which is crappy! slap on the wrist for me
What I Achieved
- I went and saw Wonder Woman and I fell in love. It was so amazing!
- I actually managed to try out quite a few makeup products this month. I found some total gems this month and some blehhh products. I’m thinking of doing a post about products I haven’t been loving or really let me down. What do you think?
- I did my 1000 followers collage and I couldn’t believe how many of you got involved. I am totally over the moon with the support you all give me – it’s amazing. The collage is here if you want to see it.
- I made a Facebook page for my blog after a few people mentioned it. It is linked on my social media links at the top of my blog now and I’m thinking of putting it in my links at the end of my posts too. I don’t know if this will be successful but it seems nice to have a social media outlet totally dedicated to my blog.
- I have been writing so much more too which is amazing! I have sometimes been posting 4 or even 5 times a week (as opposed to my Monday, Wednesday, Saturday schedule) because I genuinely feel super inspired and full of ideas at the moment.
- I have considered doing a giveaway for 1000 followers or doing another thank you and celebration post but now I am thinking of doing a really special giveaway for the elusive 1500 followers which can you believe is 100 followers away. What? WHAT? I feel like this little haven has blown up recently and it is just incredible.
SIDE NOTE: Have you guys seen my newsletter pop up I created? I am going to do one newsletter at the beginning of each month. My August one may be a little belated because I am still collating ideas, getting inspiration and designing it but hopefully a few of you will be getting more personal monthly emails that include a little more of an insight in to ellamaygarrett.com. Please sign up if you want to see more!
- I haven’t intentionally been aiming for consistency in my stats… I have just naturally seen it occur which is strange! I was aiming for around 150 views a day so I could start tracking my progression numbers wise (I haven’t really before) and my blog has smashed that and generally been getting 200+ views a day. I often have one really low day because I have a gap where I don’t post for 3 days but obviously regular posting has counteracted that.
Better Luck Next Time
- I still haven’t been running because the heat has been too much. Every time I’m free in the evenings, the muggy weather is just unbearable but I’m going to attempt to power through in August.
- I haven’t been keeping a good balance between work and social life. I have been working a lot because there are a lot of massive changes happening at my store at the moment which has meant I’m in full time but I finish at the end of August so I’ll still have a month of time off to enjoy.
How did your July goals go?