Summer loving had me a blast, summer loving happened so fast
Where is this summer going? I love the sun, long days and all the colour and happiness that it brings with it. I thought I would share some of my favourite things about this time of year.
I also posted my Summer Bucket List if you are interested in what I am planning for the last leg of summer.
- The sounds that summer brings. You will always hear an ice cream van going somewhere that catapults you back to your childhood. I can’t remember the last time I ran after an ice cream van?! Either that or a lawnmower. Someone, somewhere is always cutting their grass which just screams warm summer day at me. I suppose that smell inevitably comes along with this. The smell of a BBQ or freshly cut grass is just unbeatable.
- The food! So many fruits are in season and they are just amazing. I truly hate that we don’t have amazing strawberries and watermelon all year round. I essentially eat my years supply of my 5 a day in summer and hibernate for the other 3 seasons.
- Everything is outside. Beer gardens, pubs, restaurants, games, walks, BBQs. Everyone makes the most of being outside and I think it’s great. If you’re not eating outside, having a drink outside or just escaping the inevitable humidity in British houses then what are you doing?!
- Colours. Summer is the season where everything just seems bright and fabulous. There is never a better time to test out that bright coral lipstick or nail varnish or finally wear that yellow dress. In summer, all colour is welcomed and I love it.
- Tan lines. This may be a British thing but we seem to be blessed with a knack of creating the most ridiculous tan lines. We are almost renowned for our “T shirt tans” that those who work outside most days develop. That or a sock tan. I cannot tell you the amount of sock tan lines I see every day in summer and it makes my day (the simple things, eh?).
What do you love about summer? heck, or winter?