I did a post a while ago on my top 20 life hacks and it went down really well with you guys! (here) I thought I would put together another list of 20 hacks that I rely on or have come across and think they are just brilliant.
- Good one for after Christmas and birthdays – use a cut open toilet paper roll as a cuff to go around open wrapping paper, it keeps it together really well!
- Netflix now offers offline viewing for certain films/TV shows which is amazing on the go
- Olive oil is a great substitute for shaving cream
- Personalised luggage straps are a fab way of identifying your luggage as it comes around the luggage carousel (here)
- A cake stand is super useful for displaying perfume collections
- Do you always get a load of those small ketchup packets from McDonalds and other places? Freeze them for mini ice packs – they’re so useful!
- Use the round head of a key for trolleys where you have to use a pound coin
- Apply Vaseline to wrists to make perfume last longer
- When filling your car up with petrol, hold the trigger halfway = more petrol and less air. I’m not 100% this even works but I have always done it!
- Study tip I have learnt the hard way: yellow highlighters don’t come up when you photocopy!
- Dust an eyeshadow down your parting if your hair looks a little thin – I have never personally been able to try this one out very well, having ginger hair!
- Rubbing clear deodrant on your heels and shoes stops them from rubbing badly
- Useful for students: write down the serial number of your bike. If it is ever stolen it is slightly easier to find if it pops up online, for example.
- Ice water helps make freshly painted nails dry faster
- Hand sanitiser is super useful for getting out ink stains
- Old Pringles can help store spaghetti and avoid it spilling out in your cupboard
- Store small beauty blenders (like the one for eyeshadow) in Kinder egg surprise boxes
- Cook strawberries in the oven for a healthy yet sweet snack
- Sew the cups of a cheap/old bra in to a dress which is backless but you know you need a little support.
- When you have written an essay, copy parts of it in to Google Translate and listen to it. It has always helped me pick out mistakes
I hope you liked this post of more life and beauty hacks that I have kept for you guys!
What is your favourite life hack?