2016 has been a bit of a crazy, whirlwind year in terms of celebrity deaths and politics. Even though a lot of us can discuss the negatives and be happy to see the back of what 2016 brought us, I wanted to celebrate my highlights of 2016 and welcome 2017 with hope for an even bigger list at the end.
- Staying in a treehouse in Centerparcs (here)
- Getting to walk on the grid at Silverstone track (here)
- Turn 20 years old – no longer a teenager! (Birthday haul here)
- Going to Barcelona for the first time with my boyfriend and falling in love with the city (here)
- Finish my 1st year of university with a 2:1
- Fly on my own for the first time ever to practically the opposite side of the world!
- Visit Wales for the first time to see my friend Zola and have my longest road trip ever (5 hours each way!)
- Looked after an 18 month old baby for the first time – real pressure!
- Join my first society and get chosen to be the Secretary at University
- Spend nearly a month volunteering in China (here) and make a friend from Boston, MA
- Spoke in front of a whole church congregation for my Grandad’s eulogy after being diagnosed with depression several hours before – something I am so proud of myself for doing
- See Macbeth at the Globe Theatre and introduce my boyfriend to some Shakespeare (here) followed by dinner overlooking St Pauls and the London skyline
- Get voted as English Literature Combined Course Rep for 2nd years at the University of York (my experience doing it as a 1st year is here)
- Starting my blog and already reaching over
100, 200, 300 followers and 1000 likes!
- Visit Camden Market for the first time – and then go twice in a couple of days!
- Have my 2 year anniversary with Adam
- See Bryan Adams with Adam, my Dad and Jane for my Dad’s birthday
- Move in to my own house for 2nd year of university (room tour here & here)
- Learn very few basic Mandarin phrases
- See Stonehendge and tick it off the bucket list (here)
- Saw snow in March… wtf?
- Celebrate my Nana’s 90th birthday with three female generations
- Get a 2:1 in my first assignment of 2nd year at university
What is your highlight of 2016?