October is my birthday month so obviously it’s one of my favourite months of the year! It is also when I start my serious hunting for Christmas presents so I love getting all excited for spoiling people and maybe myself now and then too..
I thought that it would be a really good idea to write down my goals for October, whether they are personal, blog or academic based, and see if by the end of the month I can tick a few of them off.
- Do not get 2nd year university blues in the first month back. I had a hard time last year (which I touched upon here) but I am going to write more about it soon as a ‘1st Year Uni Experience’ post at a latter date. I am determined to be as happy as possible.
- Try to develop a bit of a thicker skin. This is definitely a harder one to accomplish and won’t be one I can tick off at the end of the month but definitely one I want to start working on. I’m a little sensitive soul and I want to toughen up a bit, haha!
- Spend more time speaking to my friends. I am absolute crap at keeping in contact with people and I’m so lucky to have people who make an effort with me – something I need to reciprocate with more.
- Have the best 20th birthday ever!!!
- Tell my boyfriend I love him every single day because he is a little star who is the bestest.
- This may be unachievable (who knows!) but I would love love love to hit 200 followers and do a little giveaway to say thank you.
- I have recently got hold of ellamaygarrett.com and I need to figure out how to actually move my blog over to my own domain why is it so damn confusing?! I would love to start figuring that out this month.
- Discover more amazing blogs and hopefully have someone guest post on mine or have myself guest post somewhere else?!
- Work damn bloody hard and don’t feel guilty if I need some me time. I often take more ‘me time’ than I may feel I need but realistically it is necessary to keep sane and happy. I want to make sure I maintain a healthy balance between work and play.
- Keep all my notes organised and updated – maybe spend a few hours on a Sunday sorting them all out for the next week.
- Do all my reading for the seminars!! I only feel like a tit when I don’t do it or forget
- Get a 1st in an essay – this may be waaaaaay too unachievable but I have done it in exams and I would love to be able to do it in an essay.
- Start researching internships for my summer and maybe applying?! Whaaa?!
Right! Lets all hope that by the end of October I can do another post where I have ticked off at least 2/3 of these. I really want to work hard for you guys, my university work and myself and see the success from it.