(Featured photo courtesy of themadorange.com)
I was really delighted when I got a notification to see that Alana from alanathropology had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was then even more ecstatic when I saw Aoife nominate me too – it means so much to see such great support in this blogging community!
The Versatile Blogger Award allows people to discover new blogs that are most likely new and up-and-coming and have less than 1000 followers. When you receive a nomination, you write a little bit about yourself so those that are discovering you get to know you a little bit- which is great!
I have written out the rules below for you if you are one of lucky ones to be nominated:
- Kindly thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on a blog post
- Divulge 7 random facts about yourself
- Finally, tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated!
7 Facts About Me:
- I started my blog on August 24th (just under 3 weeks ago) and I have been incredibly lucky to have already met such lovely people who support one another in the blogging community – hence why I think the Versatile Blogger Award is such a lovely idea to reward those who work hard. I honestly still smile and get excited every time someone likes, comments or follows my blog as I could never believe anybody would be interested in what lil old Ella has to say!
- Now for a funny one… When I was around 18 months old, my family moved house. As I was young, I stayed with a family friend during the day and (being the crazy cat lady that I am) I decided to imitate a cat and attempt to climb through the cat flap. Safe to say I got stuck and it has been a running joke for 20 years of my life. And you bet when that family friend changed the door, my mum kept that bloody cat flap!! I swear it’s haunting me.
- Shamefully so, I am obsessed with correcting people’s grammar, I am an English student though… come on! I even know that it is the most infuriating thing ever but I can’t stop myself. If my boyfriend sends me a really sweet text, the first thing glaring out at me is whether the right your, there etc is being used.
- I am absolutely horrific at painting nails and keeping them nice. Honestly, I will try my best to get them looking great and within a day they are chipped and horrible. I have tried top coats, different drying methods… everything(!!) but nothing works. I am doomed to have short, stubby, unpolished nails.
- I often find myself jealous of different family dynamics. I have been lucky to spend time with my boyfriend’s family, my ex’s family and friend’s families throughout my life and I often find myself very jealous of the relationships they have at home (I am currently psyching myself up to write a blog post on why this is the case) because mine is tumultuous to say the least.
- My cat, Bradley, means the world to me. Many people say that about their pets but I genuinely put my cat above everyone. Like I just said, my relationships at home are rocky so having my cat there my whole life has made it that bit easier. Who doesn’t feel better when they have a cat snuggled up on their lap, purring away?!
- Finally, my first love and my always love will be Daniel Radcliffe – enough said really!
Tag, You’re It!
All of these beautiful bloggers deserve you to go and check them out! They are all blogs I read daily and ones that I constantly look forward to new content from, so I hope you enjoy them as much as me.
Thank you again Alana and Aoife for tagging me in this award,